SOAS Master's Scholarships - Faculty of Arts & Humanities
Deadline: 22 February 2017
There are five SOAS Master's scholarships available in the Faculty of Arts & Humanities (Department of Anthropology and Sociology - 1 scholarship, History - 1 scholarship, History of Arts&Archaeology/Music & Media - 2 scholarships, Religions and Philosophies - 1 scholarship). Each scholarship is valued at £17,100 in total. Fees will be deducted from this amount and the remainder will be used toward maintenance.
- any full-time (one-year) taught masters programmes in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Part-time programmes or two-year masters programmes are not eligible.
- Applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU applicants only.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2017. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by an Advisory Panel consisting of at least three academic members of the Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statements and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 22 February 2017.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to the degree programme. It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017). Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Applicants must have an offer of admission to the full-time degree programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
It is recommended to apply for the programme about six weeks BEFORE the scholarship deadline (that is, by 11 January 2017).
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 17:00 (UK local time) on 22 February 2017
For enquiries, please:
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091