SOAS Refugee Scholarships - 2016/17
These scholarships will be available for four undergraduates, two Master's students, and one research student commencing their degree in 2016/17. The scholarship will be a full tuition fee waiver at Home/EU level:
- Full-time undergraduate, the scholarship will cover the fees for up to 3 years
- Full-time master’s, the scholarship will cover the fees for one year
- Two-year part-time master’s, the scholarship will cover the fees for two years
- Full-time Research, the scholarship will cover the fees for up to 3 years
- Part-time Research, the scholarship will cover the fees for up to 6 years
Eligibility of Programme
- Any full time undergraduate programme
- Any full time 1 year postgraduate taught master’s programme or 2 years part-time postgraduate taught master’s programme
- Any full time or part-time postgraduate research programme
- Applicants should have UK Refugee status or Humanitarian Protection status.
Applicants for the postgraduate taught master’s and research programme must have provided a letter from UK Government confirming refugee status or humanitarian status in the UK in their application for admission.
Applicants for the undergraduate programme must have provided a letter from UK Government confirming refugee status or humanitarian status in the UK to email@example.com by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must be resident in the UK
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue an eligible programme by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet English requirements as soon as possible.
- Only new students may apply: those already enrolled on an Undergraduate, Master's or Postgraduate Research programme at SOAS are not eligible to apply
Candidates will be assessed on eligibility and on the personal statement in the scholarship application by a Selection Panel consisting of at least three members.
The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at your predicted academic results and also at references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship Applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 24th February 2016.
- You must submit a complete application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by end of June. If you have not heard from us by end of June, you should assume your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE application
Please click HERE for an on-line taught master’s application.
Please click HERE for guidance on how to apply for a postgraduate research programme and for an on-line application.
Please click HERE for guidance on how to apply for an undergraduate degree through the UK's central universities application organization, UCAS
Applicants must have an offer of admission by the scholarship application deadline
The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091