The Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary
Deadline: 20 March 2014
There is one Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary, valued at £2,000 in total. The Ahmad Mustafa Abu-Hakima Bursary is intended to off-set part of the cost of tuition fees or assist with living expenses.
- Any full-time Masters programme that includes studying the history of the modern Arab world.
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Applicants must possess a good honours degree from a UK university or an equivalent institution recognised by SOAS.
- In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must have provided evidence in the statement of your admission application on how your full-time taught Masters programme includes the history of the modern Arab world.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2014. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Open to UK/EU and Overseas applicants
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 20 March 2014.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for a place well in advance. Please note that complete applications for a place to study can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Number of applications normally received
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form.
- STEP 2: In addition to the online scholarship application, applicants must ALSO submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091