The King Saud Foundation Scholarship
Deadline: 20 March 2014
There is one King Saud Foundation Scholarship for UK/EU and Overseas students to enable them to undertake a range of full-time Taught Masters programmes at SOAS, commencing in September 2014.
For information on the King Saud Foundation, please visit their website.
The total value of the King Saud Scholarship is £13,500, which can be used towards fees or maintenance. In addition, the King Saud Scholar will benefit from a 20% reduction in their tuition fees, which will be waived by SOAS.
Students offered a scholarship must take it up in 2014/15. It cannot be carried forward to a later year.
- full-time LLM in Law in the Middle East and North Africa
- full-time MA Near and Middle Eastern Studies
- full-time MSc Economics with reference to the Middle East
- full-time MSc International Management (Middle East and North Africa)
- full-time MSc Middle East Politics
- part-time programmes are not not eligible.
- Possess a First Class Honours degree, from a UK institution or overseas equivalent
- Open to applicants paying fees at the UK/EU rate. Now also open to OVERSEAS (NEW)
- Have an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible full-time masters programmes at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- The scholarship cannot be held along with any other major scholarship or studentship.
Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members nominated by the School.
The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statements and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17.00 (UK local time) on 20 March 2014.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered
- Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of July. If you have not heard from us by the end of July, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form.
- STEP 2: In addition to the online scholarship application, applicants must ALSO submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
London, WC1H 0XG
Telephone: + 44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091