The Phiroz Mehta Scholarship
Deadline: 31 March 2016
One Phiroz Mehta Scholarship is available for post-graduate students undertaking the full-time MA Traditions of Yoga and Meditation at SOAS. The total value of the scholarship is £7,678, which will be used towards the cost of tuition fees. Any outstanding fees will be payable by the student.
- the full-time MA Traditions of Yoga and Meditation
- MA applicants must possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Students with a non-UK degree to be adjudged in the top rank by their referees and transcript. Applicants with a 2.1 may also apply but will not be given preference.
- The scholarship is open to UK/EU fee-paying full time students.
- Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship application deadline of 31 March 2016.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by 29 April 2016. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should prepare to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members from the Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 31 March 2016.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must ALSO submit a complete online application to the degree programme by the scholarship application deadline of 31 March 2016.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Notification of Results
Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You should follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship application deadline of 31 March 2016.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line scholarship application form.
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5094/5091