The Professor Stuart Wilson Scholarships
Deadline: 24 February 2016
One Professor Stuart Wilson scholarship of £7,005 is available for a UK/EU fee-paying student, for the full-time MA South East Asian Studies at SOAS for the academic session 2016/17.
The scholarship for a Home/EU fee paying student only is intended to off-set the full time tuition fees at the UK/EU rate which are £7,985. The award holder would have to pay the remainder of the tuition fees (ie £980).
- The full-time MA South East Asian Studies
- Applicants must normally possess or expect to be awarded a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent. Applicants with upper second class level may also apply, but will not be given preference. Students with a non-UK degree will be assessed on the basis of their references and transcripts.
- Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue the full-time MA South East Asian Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline.
- This scholarship is open to UK/EU applicants only.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2016. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Candidates will be assessed on academic merit by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members, one from each Faculty.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information in your scholarship application and in your on-line application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- Scholarship applications must be received no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 24 February 2016.
- You must submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Number of Applications normally received
Notification of Results
- Successful candidates will be notified by the end of June. If you have not heard from us by the end of June, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Scholarship Application Procedures
You must follow two steps:
- STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission.
Scholarship applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue the full-time MA South East Asian Studies at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note that complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
- STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
For enquiries, please contact:
SOAS, University of London
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7074 5091 / 5094