Research themes at SOAS
SOAS, University of London is the world’s leading institution for the study of Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We are a global resource, a research intensive university with world-class research and teaching expertise in politics, law, culture and society, equipping people for a global economy and multicultural society.
Research themes emerge across our Departments and Research Centres, illustrating the many ways in which our work has an impact on the people and societies of our regions and further afield.
Here are examples of ways in which our work changes the world:
- Championing the rights of displaced people
- Promoting intercultural understanding through arts
- Pioneering the study of Africa in the UK
- Tackling complex problems in international development
- SOAS and the London International Development Centre