Support for SOAS academic staff
The Research Office supports externally funded research activity at SOAS by:
- disseminating information about research funding opportunities
- giving support to academic staff making external research grant applications
- costing projects and advising on funders’ terms and conditions
- managing the funds of awarded grants
- servicing the School’s Research Committee
- administering the School’s research ethics policies and procedures
- co-ordinating the School’s submission to the Research Excellence Framework (REF).
All applications for external research funding must be submitted through the Research Office. Please click here for a research funding manual with more information on this.
If you are considering making an application please contact the Research Funding Officer for your Faculty at least six weeks in advance of the submission deadline.
Arts & Humanities
020 7898 4702
Languages & Cultures
020 7898 4703
Law & Social Sciences
020 7898 4022
Centres & Institutes
020 7898 4118
020 7898 4714
The Research Office team can be found on the fourth floor of the Faber Building in Room F403 and F405.