Staff Common Rooms
There are two Staff Common Rooms in the school (one on the first floor of the College Buildings on the Russell Square Campus, and one on the third floor of the building on the Vernon Square Campus). These rooms are for the use and enjoyment of all SCR members. Membership of the SCR is free of charge and includes all SOAS staff and research students.
The Staff Common Rooms may be used for:
- relaxation during breaks in the work day;
- the consumption of food and beverages;
- quiet conversation between colleagues;
- the hosting of visitors to the school;
- the gathering of small groups after events such as seminars and conferences;
- reading and other forms of individual work; and
- events and activities promoting sociability and collegiality among SCR members.
These rooms are not to be used for formal meetings or for teaching. Their use is normally limited to SCR members and their guests.
Requests to use the Staff Common Rooms for extraordinary purposes, or after 5pm on weekdays, should be directed to the SCR Committee Deputy Chair, Ms Jane Savory
The SCR Committee welcomes your feedback.
SCR User Survey, March 2013
The Staff Common Rooms are for all SOAS staff and research students. In the context of the SOAS into Senate House project, there may be opportunities to reconfigure SCR provision in the School.
This survey is intended to gather views of all SCR users to understand how SCR space is used and identify the level of demand for improvement, expansion or reconfiguration. The results will be fed into SOAS' planning process.