[skip to content]
Phrase books and short vocabularies
- Dos and Don'ts in Myanmar, by Win Pe. 1996, Book Promotion and Service Ltd, Bangkok. Phrases pp 151-153
- Myanmar (Burma): a Lonely Planet travel survival kit, by Joe Cummings and Tony Wheeler. 1979; 6th ed. Jan 1996, Hawthorn, Australia, Lonely Planet Publications, 393 pp. Phrases pp 56-61.
- The 1994 Thailand, Indochina and Burma handbook, ed. Joshua Eliot et al. 1993, Bath, Trade and Travel publications. 862 pp. Phrases pp 520-522.
- Guide to Burma, by Nicholas Greenwood. 1993; 2nd ed. 1995, Chalfont St Peter, Bradt Publications. 289 pp. Phrases pp 46-48.
- Languages of Asia: a traveller's phrase book, by Charles Hamblin. 1984, Angus and Robertson, London etc. Phrases pp 83-86.
- Burma (a volume in The Insight Guides Series), by Wilhelm Klein, designed by Hans Johannes Hoefer, ed. John Anderson. 1981 and several later editions, Apa Productions (Hong Kong) Ltd, 332 pp. Phrases pp 310-312.
- Practical Myanmar: a communication guide for travellers and residents (2nd edition). By SUN Associates, published in Yangon by U Kyi Swe, Myan Com Services, 27, Pyay Road, Yangon; published in Bangkok by Book Promotion and Service Ltd, Bangkok, tel +66-2-375-2685--6, fax +66-2-375-2669 (1997)