School of Arts Events
- Captain Linnaeus Tripe: Photographer of India and Burma, 1852-1860
Professor Roger Taylor (Professor Emeritus of Photographic History, De Montfort University, Leicester) and Dr Crispin Branfoot (Senior Lecturer, Dept. of the History of Art & Archaeology, SOAS)
- Recent Achievements on the Study of Prehistoric Crop Cultivation in the Korean Peninsula.
Dr Shinya Shoda, Nara National Research Institute for Cultural Properties
- Sultan-Abu Sa`id’s Nahj al-Faradis: an Illustrated Timurid Manuscript of the ‘Interim Period’
Dr Eleanor Sims (Independent Scholar)
The Fourth Bahari Foundation Lecture in Iranian Art and Culture
- Postgraduate Open Evening
Representatives from departments and centres across SOAS will be available to answer your questions about postgraduate study.
- Carnatic Nomad with a Violin
- Art, National Identity, and the Korean Diaspora
Prof. Suh Kyung-sik (Tokyo Keizai University, Japan)
- Karachi Pop?
Nada Raza (Assistant Curator (International Art), Tate Modern)
- The muqarnas Wooden Ceiling in the Palatine Chapel of Palermo
Dr Fabrizio Agnelli (Researcher, Department of Architecture, University of Palermo, Sicily)
- Fresh and Timeless: Klezmer as we Love It!
London Klezmer Quartet
- Senegalese Music with an Open Heart
Abdoulaye Samb & Minnjiaraby
- Discovering Nineteenth-Century Indian Silver
Wynyard Wilkinson (Independent Scholar, F.S.A. Scot) and Mary-Louise Wilkinson (Masters in Research)
The 17th Annual Toby Falk Memorial Lecture
- The ‘Cairo Street’ at the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893 in Chicago
Dr István Ormos (School of Linguistics, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest)
- A significant manuscript: The illustrated Ramayana of Rana Jagat Singh of Mewar (c1649-53)
Roda Ahluwalia (Independent Scholar)
- The Kaaba and the Kiswa
Dr Simon O’Meara (Lecturer in Islamic Art and Archaeology, SOAS)