Languages of South Asia at SOAS: Pali
Pali, essentially a version of Sanskrit reflecting later linguistic developments, is a major sacred language of Buddhist scripture. A knowledge of Pali is indispensable to the understanding of Buddhism, particularly as it has developed in Sri Lanka and the countries of South East Asia.
Pali is taught in the Department of the Study of Religions.
Dr Kate Crosby, Department of the Study of Religions, (email@example.com).
- BA South Asian Studies
- BA South Asian Studies and ...
- Certificate in South Asian Studies
- MA Comparative Literature (Africa/Asia)
- MA Languages and Cultures of South Asia
- Degree Programmes with Language Options
Degree Course Options
- W. Geiger, A Pali grammar (trans. B. Ghosh, ed. K.R. Norman), London 1994.
- K.R.Norman, Pali literature, Wiesbaden 1983.
- A.K.Warder, Introduction to Pali, London 1963.
Please Note: Not all courses and programmes are available every year