SOAS South Asia Institute Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Institute on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- Challenges of Democracy in India
Hon’ble External Affairs Minister of India Shri Salman Khurshid
- The Politics of Desire: Reading Rituparno Ghosh as a Cultural Producer
Dr Sangeeta Datta
- The Citizens Foundation (TCF)-UK Film Night
Anca Dimofte and Aatif Nawaz
The TCF-UK Film Night is an opportunity to explore issues facing Pakistan today through the medium of documentary film.
- Karachi and 1960s Cinema: Cultural Wounds and the Production of Sameness
Dr Kamran Asdar Ali
- PhD Graduate Workshop on "Crossing borders in South Asia"
Call for Papers - Deadline 21. February 2014
- Unruly Subjects and Freedom Imagining: Transborder Connections in Colonial India
Professor Yasmin Saikia (Arizona State University)
- Enmeshed Legalities - Women and Islam in South Asia
Professor Werner Menski / Associate Professor Gopika Solanki
- Simon Digby Memorial Conference
The conference brings together some of the most renowned scholars of pre-modern South Asia who knew Simon Digby personally as well as younger scholars who have been influenced by his path-breaking work.