SOAS South Asia Institute Events
The events draw a varied audience with an interest in the region.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise stated. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For further information contact the Institute on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that every effort has been made to ensure that the information contained on the website is as accurate as possible. We cannot guarantee, however, that subsequent changes have not been made. Please be advised to check information relating to scheduled events by using the contact information provided.
- The vanishing wrestler: illegality and criminal mediation in urban Pakistan
Dr Paul Rollier (UCL)
- Gupta Numismatics
Dr Robert Bracey (British Museum)
- Sanskrit Manuscripts from Central Asia in the British Library: New Research and Reflections
Dr Sam van Schaik (British Library)
- A Chinese traveller on the way to India
Dr Imre Galambos (Cambridge)
- 15th Annual Jaina Lecture
Professor Alexis Sanderson (All Souls, Oxford University)
- How old is the legend of Aśoka? The growth of Buddhist narratives of kingship in Late Antiquity
Dr Antonello Palumbo (SOAS, University of London)