[skip to content]
- Department of the Languages and Cultures of South Asia, SOAS
The South Asia Department is devoted to research and teaching in the languages, literatures and cultures of the Indian subcontinent, with the aim of reaching better understandings of one of the most complex and significant areas of the world.
- About the South Asia collection in the SOAS Library
The South Asia collection includes publications on the individual countries of South Asia – India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan as well as South Asia as a whole, and on the Indian Ocean (including publications on the Maldives, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands).
- Image collections in the SOAS Library - South Asia
Comprehensive online image reference resource.
- South Asia Course and Course Unit Descriptions
Full list of courses and descriptions.
- South Asia History SeminarSOAS, Faculty of Arts & Humanities, History Department, South Asia History Seminar Series.
- Centre of Jaina Studies, SOAS
The aim of the Centre of Jaina Studies (COJS) is to promote the study of Jaina religion and culture by providing an interdisciplinary platform for academic research, teaching and publication in the field of Jaina Studies.
- South Asia in London
Organisations in London with close connections to the Department of the Languages and Cultures of South Asia at SOAS. London has large numbers of residents from South Asia, and an enormous range of South Asian events happening throughout the year — in the arts and the media, in museums and galleries, in concert halls and on lecture platforms.
- South Asia Research (SAR)
South Asia Research is an international, multidisciplinary forum which covers the history, politics, law, economics, sociology, visual culture, languages and literature of the countries in South Asia. It includes works of theory, review and synthesis as well as detailed empirical studies by both research students and established scholars from around the world.
- The British Association for South Asian Studies (BASAS)
The British Association for South Asian Studies (BASAS) is the largest UK academic association for the study of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Maldives and the South Asian Diaspora.
- Bibliography of Asian Studies database
Online version of the Bibliography of Asian Studies (BAS), referencing principally western-language articles and book chapters on all parts of Asia published since 1971
- South Asia Research and Information Institute (SARII)
South Asia Research and Information Institute (SARII) is a non-profit organization focused on research and information dissemination related to South Asia