Dr Christopher Davis
BA (Sarah Lawrence), MA, PhD (Chicago)
Lecturer in Anthropology
Member, Centre for Gender Studies
- Dr Christopher Davis
- Email address:
- 020 7898 4418
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Office Hours:
- Wednesdays by appointment, Thursdays 3.30-5pm
- Comparative Studies of Society and Culture
- Contemporary Trends in the Study of Society
- Cultural Understandings of Health
- Dissertation in Anthropological Research Methods
- Therapy and Culture
PhD Students supervised
- Alessia Costa,
- Franziska Fay, Contesting the Ordinary: Children's Perspectives on 'Child Protection' in Educational Settings in Zanzibar, Tanzania.
- Giulia Zoccatelli, Globalizing Empowerment: an ethnography of heroin, AIDS and civil society in post-socialist China (working title)
- Marta Agosti Pinilla, Narratives of Contestation, Politics of Gender: Young Women’s Agency in Revolutionary Egypt.
- Mary-Anne Decatur, Medicalization and Meaning: Male Circumcision, Female Genital Cutting and HIV in Northern Tanzania (working title)
For help in contacting SOAS academics and advice on services to business and the community, please contact SOAS Enterprise on +44(0)20 7898 4837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all press and media enquiries please call +44 (0)20 7898 4135 or email email@example.com
Davis, Christopher (2000) Death in Abeyance: Illness and Therapy among the Tabwa of Zaire. Edinburgh UP.
Davis, Christopher (2012) 'What is Life Worth? A Rough Guide to Valuation.' Medical Anthropology Quarterly, 26 (4). pp. 503-517.
Davis, Christopher (1999) 'Exchanging the African: Meetings at the crossroads of the Diaspora.' South Atlantic Quarterly Diaspora and Imagination, 98 no1 . pp. 59-83.
Davis, Christopher (1996) 'Rwanda: The Betrayal.' C4.
Davis, Christopher (1996) 'Alien Nations: Travels in Europe with Andy Kershaw.' C4.