Dr Christopher Davis
BA (Sarah Lawrence), MA, PhD (Chicago)
Lecturer in Anthropology
Member, Centre for Gender Studies
- Dr Christopher Davis
- Email address:
- 020 7898 4418
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Office Hours:
- Thursdays 2-3.30pm / Wednesdays by appointment
- MA Anthropological Research Methods
- MA Anthropological Research Methods and Nepali
- MA Medical Anthropology
- MA Medical Anthropology and Intensive Language
- Comparative Studies of Society and Culture
- Contemporary Trends in the Study of Society
- Cultural Understandings of Health
- Therapy and Culture
PhD Students supervised
- Alessia Costa,
- Azza Ahmed Abdel Aziz Yacoub,
- Franziska Fay, Contesting the Ordinary: Children's Perspectives on 'Child Protection' in Educational Settings in Zanzibar, Tanzania.
- Giulia Zoccatelli, Globalizing Empowerment: an ethnography of AIDS and civil society in post-socialist China (working title)
- Mary-Anne Decatur, Medicalization and Meaning: Male Circumcision, Female Genital Cutting and HIV in Northern Tanzania (working title)
- Sandra Manuel, Changing notions of sexuality in Mozambique
For help in contacting SOAS academics and advice on services to business and the community, please contact SOAS Enterprise on +44(0)20 7898 4837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all press and media enquiries please call +44 (0)20 7898 4135 or email email@example.com
Davis, Christopher (2000) Death in Abeyance: Illness and Therapy among the Tabwa of Zaire. Edinburgh UP.
Davis, Christopher (2012) 'What is Life Worth? A Rough Guide to Valuation.' Medical Anthropology Quarterly, 26 (4). pp. 503-517.
Davis, Christopher (1999) 'Exchanging the African: Meetings at the crossroads of the Diaspora.' South Atlantic Quarterly Diaspora and Imagination, 98 no1 . pp. 59-83.
Davis, Christopher (1996) 'Rwanda: The Betrayal.' C4.
Davis, Christopher (1996) 'Alien Nations: Travels in Europe with Andy Kershaw.' C4.