Dr Song Lianyi
BA (Beijing), MA (Bangor), PhD(London)
Principal Teaching Fellow
Academic Staff, SOAS China Institute
- Dr Song Lianyi
- Email address:
- 020 7898 4226
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Office Hours:
- Monday 2-3pm/Tuesday 2-3pm
BiographyChinese Language teaching
- Chinese for Business and Management
- Chinese for business and management
- Practical Translation: English to Chinese
- Special Chinese: Advanced Chinese for Business and Management
- Special Course in Chinese 1
- Special Course in Chinese 1 (PG)
- Special Course in Chinese 2
- Special Course in Chinese 2 (PG)
- Special Course in Chinese 3
- Special Course in Chinese 3 (PG)
- Special Course in Chinese 4
- Special Course in Chinese 4 (PG)
ResearchChinese Language Pedagogy; Discourse Analysis; Applied Linguistics in Chinese
For help in contacting SOAS academics and advice on services to business and the community, please contact SOAS Enterprise on +44(0)20 7898 4837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all press and media enquiries please call +44 (0)20 7898 4135 or email email@example.com
- Special Study Programmes
- Short Term Consultancy
- Long Term Consultancy
- East Asia
Song, Lianyi and Scurfield, E (1999) Teach Yourself Beginners Chinese Script. Hodder and Stoughton.
Song, Lianyi and Scurfield, E (1996) Teach Yourself Beginners Chinese. Hodder and Stoughton.
Song, Lianyi (2002) 'An analysis of difficulty of Chinese grammar points from the learners� point of view� (in Chinese).' In: Zhang, D and Li, X, (eds.), Teaching Chinese to Native Speakers of English. People�s Education Press (China), pp. 74-81.
Song, Lianyi (2013) '教无定法、学有所值，《世界汉语教学学会学会通讯》，2013年第2期，20-24页.' 《世界汉语教学学会学会通讯》, 2013 (第2期). pp. 22-24.
Song, Lianyi (2007) 'A Reflection on the practice in Chinese teachers’ training in the UK.' Overseas Chinese Education, 3 . pp. 70-73.
Song, Lianyi (2000) 'An Investigation into the Feasibility of Emphasising Reading and De-emphasising Writing Characters in Teaching Chinese.' Selected Papers for the Sixth International Symposium on Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language . pp. 114-119.
Song, Lianyi (2002) 'Book review of "The Chinese Lexicon: a comprehensive survey" by YIP Po-Ching.' Bulletin of the School of Oriental and African Studies, 65 (1). pp. 229-231.
Yi, Hongchuan and Song, Lianyi, eds. (2011) '《汉英快捷小词典》,易洪川 宋连谊 主编，云南人民出版社, 2011 Chinese English Pocket Dictionary, chief editors, YI Hongchuan & SONG Lianyi, Yunnan People’s Press, 2011.' In: 《汉英快捷小词典》. Yunnan, China: 云南人民出版社.