Dr Dana Healy
Senior Lecturer in Vietnamese
Associate Member, Centre for Media and Film Studies
Academic Staff, Centre of South East Asian Studies
- Dr Dana Healy
- Email address:
- +44 (0)20 7898 4252
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- On Sabbatical:
- On leave, Term 1 (2015-16)
- Introduction to South East Asia
- The Urban/Rural Divide in South East Asian Literature
- Vietnam on Screen
- Vietnam on Screen (PG)
- Vietnamese Language 1
- Vietnamese Language 1 (PG)
- Vietnamese Language 2
- Vietnamese Language 2 (PG)
- Vietnamese Language and Texts
- Vietnamese Literature
- War, Revolution and Independence in South East Asia Literatures in Translation (Masters)
- War, Revolution and Independence in South East Asian Literatures in Translation
PhD Students supervised
- Joshua Black, Working title: Queer Identities in Modern Vietnamese Literature and New Media
- Modern Vietnamese literature
- Modern Vietnamese cultural studies (literature, film, gender)
- Vietnamese social and cultural history (the Vietnam War; art and politics)
- The sociology of contemporary Vietnamese literature
- The Vietnamese diaspora.
For help in contacting SOAS academics and advice on services to business and the community, please contact SOAS Enterprise on +44(0)20 7898 4837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all press and media enquiries please call +44 (0)20 7898 4135 or email email@example.com
- Special Study Programmes
- Short Term Consultancy
- Long Term Consultancy
- South East Asia
Healy, Dana and T., N (2002) Aspects of Vietnamese Culture (Cac khia canh van hoa Viet Nam). The Gioi (Ha Noi).
Healy, Dana (2001) Vietnamese: complete course for beginners (Hương dẫn tự học tiếng Việt). Ho Chi Minh City: NXB Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh.
Healy, Dana (1997) Teach Yourself Vietnamese. Hodder & Stoughton (London).
Healy, Dana (2006) 'Poetry, Politics and War: Representations of American War in Vietnamese Poetry.' In: Hammond, Andrew, (ed.), Cold War Literature. London: Curzon, pp. 114-130.
Healy, Dana (2001) 'Tự lực văn đoàn’ (The Self-Reliant Literary Group).' In: Jones, Derek, (ed.), Encyclopaedia on Censorship. London: Fitzroy Dearbon, pp. 2464-2465.
Healy, Dana (2001) 'Duơng Thu Hương.' In: Jones, Derek, (ed.), Encyclopaedia on Censorship. London: Fitzroy Dearbon, p. 702.
Healy, Dana (2000) 'Literature in Transition: an overview of Vietnamese Writing of the Renovation Period.' In: D, ed, (ed.), The Canon in Southeast Asian Literatures. Curzon Press, pp. 41-50.
Healy, Dana (1996) 'Studies on Vietnamese Language and Literature.' In: Kratz, E Ulrich, (ed.), South East Asian Languages: a bibliographical guide to Burmese Cambodian Indonesian Javanese Malay Minangkabau Thai and Vietnamese. J, I.B. Tauris & Co Ltd, pp. 359-400.
Healy, Dana (2006) '‘Laments of Warriors’ Wives: Re-gendering the War in Vietnamese Cinema.' South East Asia Research, 14 (2). pp. 231-259.