Dr Dana Healy
Head of the Department of South East Asia
Associate Member, Centre for Media and Film Studies
Academic Staff, Centre of South East Asian Studies
- Dr Dana Healy
- Email address:
- 020 7898 4252
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Contemporary Vietnamese Prose Fiction
- Directed Readings in Vietnamese
- Introduction to South East Asia
- Modern Vietnamese Poetry
- The Urban/Rural Divide in South East Asian Literature
- Vietnamese Language 1
- Vietnamese Language 1 (PG)
- Vietnamese Language 2
- Vietnamese Language 2 (PG)
- Vietnamese Language and Texts
- Vietnamese Literature
- War, Revolution and Independence in South East Asia Literatures in Translation (Masters)
- War, Revolution and Independence in South East Asian Literatures in Translation
PhD Students supervised
- Joshua Black, Working title: Queer Identities in Modern Vietnamese Literature and New Media
Modern Vietnamese literature
For help in contacting SOAS academics and advice on services to business and the community, please contact SOAS Enterprise on +44(0)20 7898 4837 or email email@example.com.
For all press and media enquiries please call +44 (0)20 7898 4135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Study Programmes
- Short Term Consultancy
- Long Term Consultancy
- South East Asia
Healy, Dana and T., N (2002) Aspects of Vietnamese Culture (Cac khia canh van hoa Viet Nam). The Gioi (Ha Noi).
Healy, Dana (2001) Vietnamese: complete course for beginners (Hương dẫn tự học tiếng Việt). Ho Chi Minh City: NXB Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh.
Healy, Dana (1997) Teach Yourself Vietnamese. Hodder & Stoughton (London).
Healy, Dana (2006) 'Poetry, Politics and War: Representations of American War in Vietnamese Poetry.' In: Hammond, Andrew, (ed.), Cold War Literature. London: Curzon, pp. 114-130.
Healy, Dana (2001) 'Tự lực văn đoàn’ (The Self-Reliant Literary Group).' In: Jones, Derek, (ed.), Encyclopaedia on Censorship. London: Fitzroy Dearbon, pp. 2464-2465.
Healy, Dana (2001) 'Duơng Thu Hương.' In: Jones, Derek, (ed.), Encyclopaedia on Censorship. London: Fitzroy Dearbon, p. 702.
Healy, Dana (2000) 'Literature in Transition: an overview of Vietnamese Writing of the Renovation Period.' In: D, ed, (ed.), The Canon in Southeast Asian Literatures. Curzon Press, pp. 41-50.
Healy, Dana (1996) 'Studies on Vietnamese Language and Literature.' In: Kratz, E Ulrich, (ed.), South East Asian Languages: a bibliographical guide to Burmese Cambodian Indonesian Javanese Malay Minangkabau Thai and Vietnamese. J, I.B. Tauris & Co Ltd, pp. 359-400.
Healy, Dana (2006) '‘Laments of Warriors’ Wives: Re-gendering the War in Vietnamese Cinema.' South East Asia Research, 14 (2). pp. 231-259.