Mr António Barrento
- Mr António Barrento
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- On the Move: Tourist Culture in China, 1895-1949
- Year of Study:
- ‘Beyond Meaningless Hardship: Tourism and the West Lake Exhibition of 1929.’ 5th International Sinology Forum, ‘China Exposed. Imposed. Proposed’, Portuguese Catholic University of Lisbon, Lisbon, 26-28 February 2010.
- ‘Beyond Enjoyment: the Utilitarian Discourse on Leisure Travel in China, 1900-1949.’ ICAS 6, Daejeon, 6-9 August 2009.
- ‘Refuge and Utopian Space: the Beach in the Late Qing and in Republican China.’ ‘Revisiting the Beach' Conference, Newcastle University, 3 July 2009.
- ‘“Summer’s Frontline of Enjoyment”: the Lure of the Seaside in Republican China.’ Conference 'Resorting to the Coast: Tourism, Heritage and Cultures of the Seaside’, Blackpool, 25-29 June 2009.
- 'The body on tour: physical leisure culture at the seaside and hill resorts in Republican China', XVIIth Biennial Conference of the EACS: 'China Centre Stage', Lund, 6-10 August 2008.