PhD Student Associate Member
- Mr Amir Khnifess
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- The Collective Action of the Druze in Israel: Between Politics of Accommodation and Politics of Contention
- Year of Study:
Amir Khnifess is currently completing his PhD on the relationship between the Arab minority and the State in Israel. His research follows the trajectory of the Druze community’s collective action since the establishment of the State of Israel. His research interests include the politics of the Middle East, ethnic minorities’ politics, nationalism and social movements.
- Amir, Khnifess (2013) Mahmoud Darwish. The Encyclopaedia of Postcolonial Studies. Sussex, Wiley-Blackwell.
- Amir, Khnifess (2013) Power Sharing and Political Stability Among the Arab Palestinians in Israel. 2nd Annual Conference of Institution for Sustainable Peace, Oslo.
- Amir, Khnifess (2013) Consociationalism at the Local Level: The Case of Shafa-‘Amer. 32nd German Oriental Studies. Munster.
- The Politics Studies Association (PSA)-Member
- The Association of the Study of Ethnicity and Nationalism ( ASEN)-Member
- London Middle East Institute (LMEI)