Dr Alexej Ulbricht
BA (SOAS), MA (Goldsmiths), PhD (SOAS)
- Dr Alexej Ulbricht
- Email address:
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Thesis title:
- Antinomies of Multicultural Reason: liberalism, community and difference
- 2013. ‘Backlash as excess: scattered speculations on liberal multiculturalism’, in Kath Kerr-Koch, Sarah Hackett & Geoffrey Nash (eds.) Postcolonialism and Islam: theory, literature, culture, society and film, London: Routledge.
- 2012. ‘Towards a more inclusive European immigration policy’, in Teresa Pinheiro, Beata Cieszynska & José Eduardo Franco (eds.) Ideas of/for Europe, Frankfurt a.M.: Peter Lang.
- 2010. ‘The Western, the Human, Rights and Responsibility’, Ex Plus Ultra, 2
- 2010. ‘Antinomies of Multiculturalism: the generation of racist backlash’, Historical Materialism 7th Annual Conference: Crisis and Critique, SOAS.
- 2010. ‘Remembering Fanon: the essence of violence and the question of forgetting’, Thinking (With)Out Borders II, University of St Andrews.
- 2010. ‘Liberal multiculturalism/liberal monoculturalism’, Postcolonialism and Islam, University of Sunderland.
- 2009. ‘The Western, the Human, Rights and Responsibility’, The Postcolonial Human, University of Leeds.
- 2009. ‘Towards a more inclusive European immigration policy’, Ideas of/for Europe: Concepts and Utopias, Chemnitz University of Technology.
- Postcolonial Studies Association
- ES: Philosophy Research Collective
Political theory; postcolonial theory; post-structuralism; Marxism; the politics of multiculturalism; notions of community; human rights and conceptions of the human; bio power.