Mr Edoardo Agamennone
JD (Rome) LLM (Hong Kong)
- Mr Edoardo Agamennone
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- “Bank and financial support of the internationalisation process of Chinese enterprises” (Provisional)
- Year of Study:
- Year of Entry 2009
Foreign Direct Investments, China-Africa and China-Europe trade relationships, Chinese banking and financial system, Chinese business law.
The research analyses Chinese outbound foreign direct investments (“OFDI”) and more in particular their financing. The research addresses, inter alia, the following issues:
- Profile of Chinese enterprises and financial institutions involved in OFDI;
- The Importance of the availability of bank financing in the decision of Chinese enterprises to establish operations abroad;
- Role of policy and commercial banks in guiding and financing Chinese OFDI;
- Loans and other forms of financing used by Chinese enterprises for the establishment and operation of overseas activities; and
- Main outstanding issues and trends of OFDI and the financing thereof
The research then focuses on Chinese OFDI in Africa and Europe, pointing out their main features, analysing investments case studies made by Chinese enterprises in the two continents and using such examples to further analyse and comment on the structure of Chinese OFDI and the financing of these.