Mrs Sue Guiney
BA (Wesleyan), MA (North Carolina)
Academic Staff, Centre of South East Asian Studies
Born and raised in New York, Sue Guiney has lived in London for over twenty years where she writes and teaches fiction, poetry and plays. In 2005, she founded the theatre charity, Curving Road www.curvingroad.com which she still supports as Artistic Consultant and Director
- Her Life Collected (A Poetry Collection): Ward Wood Publishing, 2011
- A Clash of Innocents (A Novel): Ward Wood Publishing, 2010
- Tangled Roots (A Novel): Bluechrome Publishing, 2008
- Dreams of May (A Play in Poetry): Bluechrome Publishing, 2006
- Poems and stories in a variety of literary journals such as Acumen, Envoi, The North American Review, Orbis. The MacGuffin Poems have been anthologized in Genius Floored, Vineyard Poets
Works written for the stage
- Touching Joy: In development for production in 2012
- The Bistro Down the Road: week-long workshop with Director John Wright, September 2009. Due for production in November 2011.
- Dreams of May, A Play in Poetry: Pentameters Theatre, Hampstead, September 12-23 2006
- Founder and Director, Anjali House Creative Writing Workshop, Siem Reap, Cambodia. Developing literacy and self-esteem through creative writing among street children
- Ham and High Literary Festival 2011, Play Writing Workshop
- From Words to Notes: A study of the relationship between poetry and music leading to the creation of a libretto for a new piece of music.
- Workshops held in London; West Cork, Ireland.
Look out for Sue's
- writing workshops for students
- writing workshops for academic
- weekly writing surgery: Fridays from 11 during term time (Room 466)