BSS(Hons.) MSS Economics (University of Dhaka) MA International Development (International University of Japan)
- Shaikh Moniruzzaman
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Climate Change Variability and Poverty Reduction in Bangladesh: Strategies for Adapting to Climate Change
- Year of Study:
- Year of Entry 2011-12
Journal and Popular Articles:
• Moniruzzaman, S. 2008. “Effect of Infrastructure on Income Generation: A Study on Jamuna Bridge Project in Bangladesh,” Journal of Social Science, Vol.4, No.2. Pp.80-87.
• Moniruzzaman, S. 2008. “Price Monitoring: Possible Way to Combat Price Hike”, The Daily Star, February 02.
• Murshid, K. A. S. and Moniruzzaman, S. 2002. “Indo-Indo Trade and Transit through Bangladesh”, The Daily Star, January 29.
• ‘Bangladesh: Stepping Towards Higher Growth’, CHAPTER 1 of Medium-Term Budget Framework (MTBF) 2011-12 to 2015-16, a budget document of the Ministry of Finance of Bangladesh.
• ‘Accelerating Development in Bangladesh in a World Coming out of Recession’, CHAPTER 1 of Medium-Term Budget Framework (MTBF) 2010-11 to 2012-13, a budget document of the Ministry of Finance of Bangladesh.
• ‘Sustainable Development in Global Recession’, CHAPTER 1 of Medium-Term Budget Framework (MTBF) 2009-10 to 2012-13, a budget document of the Ministry of Finance of Bangladesh.
My research will primarily look into whether climate change variability including the extreme events has impacted on the incidence of poverty and inequality trends of Bangladesh. Household level adaption to climate change and climate related extreme events and its impact on agriculture specially, food productivity will also be examined in this research.