Mr David Wearing
BA (Anglia Ruskin University) European Philosophy and Literature, MSc (University College London) International Public Policy
- Mr David Wearing
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Britain's relationship with the states of the Gulf Cooperation Council in the post-Cold War era
- Year of Study:
- Year of Study: 2 (building on previous postgraduate research conducted at UCL)
David's research focuses on British foreign policy in the Middle East. He writes regularly for the Guardian and other publications on domestic politics and international affairs.
Visiting Lecturer teaching Theories of International Relations at University of Westminster from September 2013 to January 2014.
David Wearing - Britain's relationship with the states of the Gulf Cooperation Council
- "Critical Perspectives on the Concept of the ‘National Interest’", conference on 'British Foreign Policy and the National Interest', Chatham House, 12 July 2013
- "The Historical Materialist Perspective on British Foreign Policy in the Middle East and North Africa: Implications for the Arab Uprisings", British International Studies Association Annual Conference, 20-22 June 2012
- "British Foreign Policy and Critical Scholarship: The Legacy of Adam Smith", 51st International Studies Association Annual Convention, New Orleans, 17 - 20 February 2010
- "Future echoes: the seeds of globalisation’s informal empire in Britain’s formal imperialism", 2nd Annual Durham International Affairs Conference, Durham University, 1 - 2 April 2009.