Teaching Fellow and Associate Tutor - History and the Future of the United Nations
- Dr Ashley Cox
- Email address:
- SOAS, University of London
Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Office No:
- Office Hours:
- By appointment
Ashley Cox has completed his PhD at the University of Leicester examining the Wilson motivations for American Conflicts. Having completed an MA in International Security and a Bachelors degree in Contemporary History and a Fulbright Sponsored course In American Studies at New York University.
Ashley tutors on the History and Future of the United Nations.
Ashley's research interests focus on US foreign and defence policy of the United States both contemporary and historical.
He is also a member of BISA, the US Foreign Policy Working Group, the Learning and Teaching Working Group, the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations and the British Association for American Studies.
Ashley is Co-Editor of Argentia: Newsletter of the BISA US foreign policy working group.
- 'The War of 1812: An American War of Choice?' International Journal Special Issue, (due for publication January 2015)
- 'Assessing the 2012 Presidential election campaign: future trajectories in US foreign policy', Argentia: Newsletter of the BISA US foreign policy working group 6:2 (November 2012)
- 'A Fulbright Summer', Argentia: Newsletter of the BISA US foreign policy working group 5:1 (December 2011)
- Book Review: 'American Power and the Prospects for International Order- Simon Bromley', Argentia: Newsletter of the BISA US foreign policy working group 4:2 (September 2010)