- Biye Gao
- Email address:
- Thesis title:
- Gender, Class and Reproduction in Post-Socialist Rural China (working title)
This study endeavours to explore Chinese rural women's reproductive agency through a post-modern feminist approach.
- Biye Gao (2015): ' Review of ʺthe birth of Chinese feminism: essential texts in transnational theoryʺ edited by Lydia H. Liu, Rebecca E. Karl, and Dorothy Ko', Feminist Review, 110: e9-e11.
- ʺSites of Governmentality and Transgression: Chinese Women’s Reproductive Body under Contemporary Reproductive Politicsʺ, School of Law, Sciences Po, Paris. Law and Boundaries 2015 Conference, June 17-18, 2015
- “‘Performative Bodies: Women's Reproductive Agency in Contemporary China”, PECANS 2016 Workshop: ‘My Body, my Property’: Autonomy and Relationality, School of Law, University of Leeds, 17th March, 2016
- “Chinese Rural Women’s Reproductive Agency under Coercion: A Relational Feminist Approach”, Using Feminist Approaches: A Socio-Legal Research Roundtable, Discussant: Professor Rosemary Hunter, School of Law, University of Kent, 24th May 2016
- “Technology and Reproductive Governance in an Information Era in China”, “Dynamic China” British Postgraduate Network for Chinese Studies 2016 Annual Conference, Lau China Institute, King’s College London, 23-24 June 2016