Staff Learning and Development
This site has been designed to give you core information on all staff learning and development activities available for all SOAS staff, whether new starters, post-probationers, mid-career, academic, research, teaching or administrative staff.
Within these pages we provide information on:
- Courses and workshops available in-house and externally
- Resources and materials you can access for personal development
- Key information for new starters
- Information on the role and remit of the Staff Learning and Development Section
- Health and Safety networks
- Staff Development Review
Whatever your role or length of employment at the School, we are sure you'll find these pages useful to support you in your role and to enhance your career prospects within the School.
As part of an on-going process to improve and enhance the services Staff Learning and Development provides to SOAS staff, we are implementing a number of new initiatives to aid the personal and professional development of every staff member at SOAS.
- Personal Development Days: As part of the current HR Strategy all staff to spend at least two days of personal or professional development per year to enhance their effectiveness in their current role and for career development.
- Online Training History: You can now download a complete record of all the training courses you have attended as currently held by the School's Staff Learning and Development Department. It will allow you to download this record of your training onto your PC in the form of an Excel spreadsheet
- Website for New Staff: Staff Learning and Development have created a comprehensive website for New Staff
Service Level Agreement
This Staff Development Service Level Agreement (pdf; 66kb) supports the HR Strategy Objectives and Action Plan 2010/11 in setting out clearly the responsibilities for Staff Learning and Development and the responsibilities of those who use the School’s Staff Learning and Development services together with the monitoring arrangements to ensure the services are delivered effectively and to time, wherever possible. If you have any comments about our service use the Compliments, Comments & Concerns Comments, Compliments & Concerns (msword; 145kb) to let us know what you think.
The trial of the Staff Learning and Development SLA will run from June 2010 through to Christmas 2010. Staff Learning and Development will then prepare an assessment report of the usefulness or otherwise of the SLA after having consulted with those staff who will have used any of the Staff Development services during that period. That assessment report will go to Executive Board sometime around February 2011 for a decision as to whether to proceed with the use of SLA or otherwise.
- Serena Yeo (Staff Learning and Development Manager) email@example.com Tel: 4128
- Hassan Fiaz (Staff Learning and Development Assistant) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:4121
- Kirsten McIntyre (Staff Learning and Development Assistant) email@example.com Tel:4123
Location: College Buildings, Room 472
We hope you find this site useful and welcome feedback or suggestions for improvement.
Best wishes for your future success.
Staff Learning and Development Manager