Staff Learning and Development
This site has been designed to give you core information on all staff learning and development activities available for all SOAS staff, whether new starters, post-probationers, mid-career, academic, research, teaching or administrative staff.
Within these pages we provide information on:
- Courses and workshops available in-house and externally
- Resources and materials you can access for personal development
- Key information for new starters
- Information on the role and remit of the Staff Learning and Development Section
- Health and Safety networks
- Staff Development Review
Whatever your role or length of employment at the School, we are sure you'll find these pages useful to support you in your role and to enhance your career prospects within the School.
As part of an on-going process to improve and enhance the services Staff Learning and Development provides to SOAS staff, we are implementing a number of new initiatives to aid the personal and professional development of every staff member at SOAS.
- SOAS Desktop Mentor: Now available to all staff, the SOAS Desktop Mentor provides information and guidance on a range of topics from project management to well-being. You can access this online platform from any PC or tablet simply by logging on with your SOAS ID and password.
- Online Training History: You can now download a complete record of all the training courses you have attended as currently held by the School's Staff Learning and Development Department. It will allow you to download this record of your training onto your PC in the form of an Excel spreadsheet
- Website for New Staff: Staff Learning and Development have created a comprehensive website for New Staff
Service Level Agreement
This Staff Development Service Level Agreement (pdf; 66kb) supports the HR Strategy Objectives and Action Plan 2010/11 in setting out clearly the responsibilities for Staff Learning and Development and the responsibilities of those who use the School’s Staff Learning and Development services together with the monitoring arrangements to ensure the services are delivered effectively and to time, wherever possible. If you have any comments about our service use the Comments, Compliments & Concerns (msword; 145kb) to let us know what you think.
- Serena Yeo (Staff Learning and Development Manager) email@example.com Tel: 4128
- Kimberly Hovish (Staff Learning and Development Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org Tel:4123
- Hassan Fiaz (Staff Learning and Development Assistant) email@example.com Tel:4121
Location: College Buildings, Room 472
We hope you find this site useful and welcome feedback or suggestions for improvement.
Best wishes for your future success.
Staff Learning and Development Manager