SOAS Desktop Mentor
In order to support busy managers in their work and for personal development, SOAS has bought a number of licenses to a resource entitled the SOAS Desktop Mentor. This has been designed to provide just-in-time help, and gives managers access to online practical resources which they can use for a number of purposes such as:
- supporting the management of day-to-day activities, problems and challenges
- supporting personal development and reflection
- improving their own and other's performance
- creating materials to use with their team
These materials provide concise summaries of leadership and management theory and practice together with practical support and guidance. Each topic is divided into themes to make finding the material easier. Each theme contains Theory, providing understanding and background and Practice resources, to help you to apply this knowledge.
Currently access to these materials is limited to the following groups of staff:
- academic managers
- members of Executive Board
- participants of the SOAS Management Level 1 & 2 programmes
- all grade 9 & 10 staff
If you are interested in having access to the materials but do not fall into the above categories, please contact email@example.com It may be possible to allocate a license to you if there is one available.