SOAS and Santander Universities Internship Scheme
Since 2013, SOAS has successfully run an internship scheme in partnership with Santander Universities to provide UK local businesses, charities and social enterprises with access to high calibre graduates and to give our top talent the opportunity to gain invaluable, paid work experience.
Why take part as a student/recent graduate?
- Gain valuable, paid work experience in an organisation relevant to your studies or career aspirations, where you can really add value
- Learn new skills that will increase your employability prospects
- Build a network of useful contacts
- Become part of the Santander network
Why take part as a host organisation?
- Benefit from the contribution of a bright and enthusiastic SOAS graduate with key skills such as language, cultural knowledge, research experience and a commitment to your field
- Free access to a cost-effective way of recruiting new talent that will add value to your business
- Benefit from the free advice and support of SOAS Careers Service throughout the selection process
How it works
- Each internship typically lasts 3 months or (or 5 months if on a part-time basis)
- Internships will start no later than 30th June 2014
- The Intern's pay is partly funded - the intern should receive at least £1,000 per month. Through the scheme, SOAS will contribute a total of £1,500 for the 3 month period
- The scheme is available to organisations with up to 250 employees or a turnover not exceeding £50million and is subject to limited availability.
If you are interested in having a SOAS intern through this scheme, or interested in being considered for any vacancies, please visit Santander Grants or contact the Careers Service:
Internships Coordinator, SOAS Careers Service
Tel: 020 7898 4102 (Mon, Wed & Fri)