[skip to content]

Information for Students

Student Support

The University of London Housing Service offers a range of housing advice for students studying at Colleges that subscribe to their service, including SOAS. This includes housing talks, legal advice for students experiencing difficulties with their housing and a contract checking service for students about to enter into a letting agreement. http://housing.london.ac.uk

SOAS Advice and Wellbeing Services are available to discuss worries about accommodation choices, particularly where these are impacting upon attendance and academic progress.  Students may also want to seek advice on relationships with flatmates or concerns about flatmates.  

Disabled students

The Student Disability Advisors within Student Advice and Wellbeing are available to discuss needs with students considering applying to Dinwiddy, Paul Robeson and the intercollegiate halls. All halls have a certain number of adapted rooms plus help can be given to students with priority needs where relevant medical or equivalent documentation is provided.   

Budgeting advice

Budgeting advice is available from the International Student and Welfare Advisor.  Students in unexpected financial hardship can apply for the Access to Learning Fund if eligible (most UK students) or to other SOAS Student Hardship Funds.