Sixth SOAS Taiwan Studies Postgraduate Summer School
Josephine Chuen-juei Ho & Karl Ning (National Central University), Lilian Lih-rong Wang (NTU & Oxford), Fan Yun (NTU & SOAS) & Ann Heylen (NTNU)
Date: 9 July 2012Time: 9:00 AM
Finishes: 11 July 2012Time: 5:00 PM
Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings
Type of Event: Summer School
Josephine Chuen-juei Ho (National Central University)
Karl Ning (National Central University)
Lilian Lih-rong Wang (National Taiwan University & Oxford)
Fan Yun (National Taiwan University & SOAS)
Ann Heylen (National Taiwan Normal University)
Niki Alsford (SOAS), Isabelle Cheng (SOAS), Monique Chu (SOAS), Dafydd Fell (SOAS) & Joanne Ichimura (SOAS)
- From Anti-Trafficking to Social Discipline: The Changing Role of Women's NGOs in Taiwan
- The New Politics of Gender Governance in Taiwan
- Child Welfare Law and the Politics of Child (Sexual) Abuse in Taiwan
- Queer Politics in Taiwan
- Gender-Based Violence and Cultural Concern in Taiwanese Society
- the Determinants of Social Inclusion: An Asian Example of Taiwan
- Story-telling and Democracy
- Social Movements and Taiwan's Democratic Transition: A Microfoundational Study
- Japanese Models, Chinese Culture and the Dilemma of Taiwanese Language Reform
- Using Interviews as Research Methods
- Archival Research in Taiwan Studies
Research Training Seminar in Taiwan Studies:
Taught by Lilian Lih-rong Wang (National Taiwan University & Oxford), Fan Yun (National Taiwan University & SOAS), Ann Heylen (NTNU), Robert Ash (SOAS), Dafydd Fell (SOAS), Monique Chu (SOAS), & Isabelle Cheng (SOAS).
This course is designed for students planning or currently conducting research projects in the field of Taiwan Studies. Students should prepare a short (20 minutes maximum) presentation of their research project and will receive feedback from the seminar organizers. Students wishing to give presentations should email Monique Chu (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include an abstract on their proposed research topic.
To register, contact Monique Chu (email@example.com).
This summer school programme is part of a UK/German Collaborative Taiwan Studies Teaching Project funded by the Chiang Ching-kuo Foundation for scholarly exchange.
Organiser: Centre of Taiwan Studies, SOAS
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org