Finding Your Room
You can check current room availability on our live Timetable page.
Key to room numbers
|Prefix||Building||Sample room number|
|MB||Main College Buildings (incorporating the Old Building and the Philips Building)||MB G50 = College Buildings, ground floor
MB 502 = College Buildings, fifth floor
|B||Brunei Gallery||B102 = Brunei Gallery, first floor|
|F||Faber Building, 23-24 Russell Square||F104 = Faber Building, first floor|
|T||21-22 Russell Square||T101 = 21-22 Russell Square, first floor|
|GS||53 Gordon Square||GS303 = 53 Gordon Square, third floor|
|V||Vernon Square||VG06 = Vernon Square, ground floor|
|30RS or 28RS||Birkbeck College, 30 or 28 Russell Square||30 RS 103 = 30 Russell Square Room 103, first floor|
|GOR||Birkbeck College, 43 Gordon Square||GOR 218 = 43 Gordon Square Room 218|
|IALS||Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, 17 Russell Square||IALS L101 = Institute of Advanced Legal Studies room L101|
Where in the building?
|Vernon Square||Ground floor||Room number 4|
|Brunei Gallery||First floor||Room number 2|
Please note that:
- The main College buildings are made up of the 'Old Building' and the extension 'Philips Building'.
- Rooms that start with a ‘G’ are on the ground floor of main College buildings.
- Rooms that start with an ‘L’ are on the lower ground floor of main College buildings.
- Rooms that are 'MB' with just a number are in the main College buildings on the floor indicated by the first digit (e.g. MB 389 is third floor).
- KLT is the Khalili Lecture Theatre, on the lower ground floor of main College buildings, DLT is the (Kamran) Djam Lecture Theatre, accessed via the entrance hall of main College buildings.
- 30 Russell Square, 28 Russell Square and 43 Gordon Square are buildings belonging to Birkbeck College which are sometimes used by SOAS for teaching.