Information for Prospective Students from the United Arab Emirates
Welcome to the country page for the UAE. This page contains specific information for students from the UAE.
- Minimum Entry Requirements
- English Language Requirements
- In-Country Representatives
- Useful links
- Apply for a UK Visa
Please contact the Student Recruitment Office with any questions you may have about applying to, and studying at SOAS: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information about future SOAS staff visits to the region, please go to: Meet SOAS staff in your area page.
The below are guidelines only and do not guarantee entry. Each application will be judged on its own merits.
- A-levels: between AAA-BBC depending on the programme, for full details please refer to: Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- International Baccalaureate (IB): between 32 and 38 points depending on the programme, for full details please refer to: IB Entry Requirements
- How to apply
To be considered for admission for a Taught Masters degree, SOAS requires a bachelor's degree from a prestigious institution with grades of 3.3/4. In addition, applicants should also refer to the individual programme entries in the Graduate Prospectus or postgraduate admissions pages, which may have additional requirements.
The International Foundation Courses and English Language Studies Centre (IFCELS) at SOAS offers a preparatory year for international students seeking entry to postgraduate degrees at British universities.
Research applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Masters qualification equivalent to a UK Masters degree from a good university.
To ensure that you can fully benefit from your studies at SOAS, you will need to demonstrate that you meet our minimum English Language entry requirements.
SOAS offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and awards to support students. There are other scholarships provided by the University of London, the British Government and other external organisations. For further information please visit the Scholarships web page.
SOAS has alumni all over the world, if you would like to contact an alum to ask any questions then please visit the SOAS alumni website.
- The British Council is the UK's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. Their UAE website is a useful resource for education in the UK and other cultural information.
- The British Embassy in the UAE where you can find information about all aspects of the UK, as well as practical information about VISAS.
- UCAS - the Universities and Colleges Admission Service is the central organisation through which undergraduate applications are processed for entry to Higher Education.
- UKCISA - the Council for International Student Affairs provides information on many aspects of studying in the UK, including visa advice.