SOAS Website Management
The Communications Team of the External Relations and Development Directorate has overall responsibility for the content of the School's web site, while Library and Information Services has responsibility for managing the web servers and content management system and their underlying databases.
The SOAS website (www.soas.ac.uk) is a principal marketing tool for and source of information about the School. The Percussion Rhythmyx (aka CM System) content management system (CMS) is used to create and manage the School's website. Web Editors can access the CMS at https://cms.soas.ac.uk.
Contact email@example.com for the following:
- Website Production – creation of new sites within the CMS for publication on the main SOAS web site (www.soas.ac.uk), adding new facilities to the CMS, final checking of content before being published
- Image Optimisation – optimising images for use on the web
- Drop in Sessions – offering advice to web authors and editors
- PDF Creation & Optimisation – creating and optimising PDFs for use on the web
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the following:
- Web Training – training on using the Percussion Rhythmyx content management system
- Video & Audio Encoding – creating and optimising multimedia files for the web
- Queries regarding technical problems with the CMS - including making sure you are using the correct Java version to run the CMS
How to Use Website Services
New content and updates should be sent to the relevant web editor for your department
- All web editors need training to use the Percussion CM content management system – contact email@example.com to request basic CMS training
- Images should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org