SOAS Website Management
The External Relations & Development Directorate has overall responsibility for the content of the School's web site, while Library & Information Services has responsibility for the web servers and content management system.
The SOAS website (www.soas.ac.uk) is a principal marketing tool for and source of information about the School. The Percussion CM System (aka Rhythmyx) content management system (CMS) is used to create and manage the School's website.
Contact email@example.com for the following:
- Website Production – creation of new sites within the CMS for publication on the main SOAS web site (www.soas.ac.uk), adding new facilities to the CMS, final checking of content before being published
- Image Optimisation – optimising images for use on the web
- Drop in Sessions – offering advice to web authors and editors
- PDF Creation & Optimisation – creating and optimising PDFs for use on the web
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the following:
- Web Training – training on using the Percussion CM System content management system
- Video & Audio Encoding – creating and optimising multimedia files for the web
- Queries regarding technical problems with the CMS
- Duncan Franklin, Web Content Manager, email@example.com
- Kobir Ahmed, Web Content Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kevin Miller, Web Developer (IT Department), email@example.com
How to Use Website Services
New content and updates should be sent to the relevant web editor
- All web editors need training to use the Percussion CM content management system – contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request basic CMS training
- Writing for the Web training, Search Engine Optimisation Training – contact Staff Development
- Images should be sent to email@example.com
Drop in Sessions
These sessions are intended for users who have already attended the basic CMS training and would like help with more technical aspects of the system or users who have not attended training but who need to add or update content on the web. They are not intended to provide basic training, if you require training then it can be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org.