Would you like some support from an existing SOAS student while you begin your studies at SOAS?
- Are you away from home for the first time?
- Are you perhaps a long way from home?
- Is it your first time in London, or in the UK?
- Do you face some extra challenges which make settling in a little more complicated?
- Does university seem a bit daunting?
- Is this the first time you are studying in English?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, and think that you could benefit from the support, advice or company of another student, then the Buddy Scheme is for you.
How does it work?
If you are a first year student and are interested in meeting a current student, contact us!
SOAS can arrange for you to get support from existing students who act as Buddies for new students during the beginning of the academic year.
The Buddies will be available from Welcome Week onwards, and they will support you in the process of “settling in” at SOAS.
- Help you find your way around the campuses and the locality;
- Ensure you acquire all necessary information about your timetable;
- Offer help with practical things like setting up a bank account or finding a good supermarket;
- Help you get involved in any Students’ Union clubs and societies you might be interested in;
- Meet you for a chat to see how things are going;
- Offer you tips on studying at SOAS;
- Help you with information about living in London;
- Generally be a source of support for you as you settle into a new University and possibly a new country
Who do I contact?
Email email@example.com with “Buddying” in the subject and we will send you further information.
We can also send you information about any Student Services event or workshop that may support you whilst you are at SOAS. If you are specifically interested in workshops, put ”Buddying – workshops” in the subject of your email.
We look forward to hearing from you!