[skip to content]

Information for Students

International Students Information

This section contains details for our returning International Students.   


If you are a non-EEA student (visa national), you must ensure that you have a valid visa before you re-enrol onto your degree programme at SOAS.  

The presentation of a valid passport and visa (ID Verification) is a mandatory requirement for all non-EEA students (visa nationals) that they must complete each year. You must provide us with the original documents and you should also bring a photocopy to avoid having to queue for the use of a photocopier in the enrolment hall.

Your visa should be valid for the duration of your course. Applications to renew or extend a visa can be made 3 months before the course year.

If you require a Tier-4 Student Visa, we would strongly recommend that you apply to us for a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) as soon as possible (from July 2014). Your Tier-4 Student Visa must have been issued with a CAS supplied by SOAS.

Your request for a CAS should be made by completing the CAS Request Application (msword; 56kb)

If you hold a different type of visa, which will expire before the end of the course, you must ensure that you apply for a new visa before this expires.

Please note that if you have to send your passport to the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) in relation to a visa application, you must retain a copy of your visa and the photo page of the passport before you send it off. To enable your enrolment to be completed, we will need to see a copy of your passport, copy of your visa application and proof of postage.

If you are unable to provide these documents, we will not be able to complete your re-enrolment.

If you need any advice on visas, please contact our International Welfare Office, who will be happy to discuss your situation with you.