Dr Amelia Odida
- Department of Politics and International Studies Lecturer in International Relations
- Department of Politics and International Studies
- History (Cambridge); International Law (SOAS)
- Russell Square: College Buildings
- Email address
- Support hours
- Wednesdays 1-3pm Room 4423 (Main Building)
For her doctoral thesis at UCL’s Department of Political Science, Amelia conducted a decolonial analysis of the UN policy of post-conflict constitution assistance, with a particular focus on the early history of the UN during the period of decolonisation.
Prior to her PhD, Amelia studied History at Cambridge University (2010) and International Law at SOAS (2014). Her research interests include international institutions and global governance, decoloniality and coloniality as an academic praxis, and the politics of knowledge production - particularly as they pertain to discourses of race and black culture.
She is also an artist, and uses sculpture as a primary medium through which to communicate academic ideas through art. Her website showcasing her art is due January 2022.