Week beginning Monday 24 June 2019
- Senegalese Sabar Drumming
Dates: Monday 24th – Friday 28th June, 6.30-9pm
- Cuban Music Big Band
Sara McGuinness, Elpidio Alegria and Jimmy Martinez
Dates: Monday 24th - Friday 28th June, 6.30-9pm
Linos Wengara Magaya & Tim Lloyd
Dates: Monday 24th – Friday 28th June, 6.30-8.30pm
Dates: Monday 24th – Friday 28th June, 6.30 -8.30pm
- Sámi Joik
Dates: Monday 24th – Friday 28th June, 2019 6.30-8.30pm
- Year 12 Law Summer School
A summer school for students in Year 12 interested in studying Law at university.
- Nuclear War & Peace in the age of Trump
Ambassador Robert Gallucci, Dr Dan Plesch (SOAS), Chair: Henrietta Wilson (Bristol)
- A celebration of the life and work of Ron Dore
This is a celebration of the life, both personal and professional, of Ron Dore, with contributions from his family and former associates ranging over his life and career.
- Music and the Radical Impulse: The IPTA Tradition and Beyond
Sumangala Damodaran (Ambedkar University. Delhi)
- Relatable: Empathy, Novels, and Picky Readers
Professor Suzanne Keen
- Chinese firms and employment dynamics in Africa
Dr Carlos Oya and Dr Florian Schaefer
In this workshop researchers from the IDCEA project (Industrial Development, Construction and Employment in Africawww.soas.ac.uk/idcea ) present the main findings of 4 years of research on employment patterns and outcomes in the infrastructure construction and manufacturing sectors in Angola and Ethiopia, where large-scale surveys of workers and extensive qualitative research were conducted between 2016 and 2018.
- The Korean traditional and contemporary music lecture-concert: in celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the Department of Korean Music, Seoul National University
The Seoul National University’s Department of Korean Music will celebrate the 60th anniversary of its formation by performing its traditional and contemporary repertories of Korean music, in a lecture-concert will provide the audience with an in-depth sampling of Korean traditional music.
- Russian Harmonies: Songs of the Steppes and the Cities
Date: Saturday 29th June 11am - 5pm