Week beginning Monday 22 June 2020
- Economics of COVID-19 in Africa: African Feminist Perspectives (webinar)
Lyn Ossome, Makerere University & Crystal Simeoni, Nawi: Afrifem Macroeconomics Collective
- Diplomacy in the digital age
Dr Dan Plesch (CISD)
- Progressive Procurement as a post-Covid19 Recovery Strategy
Rokhsana Fiaz (Labour Party, Mayor of Newham), Costas Lapavitsas (SOAS, EReNSEP-Ekona), Neil McInroy (CLES), Lluís Torrens (Barcelona City Council), Mercè Corretja (Government of Catalunya)
An interactive webinar organised by the Department of Economics at SOAS, University of London, in partnership with EReNSEP, Ekona and CLES. It provides a platform for knowledge exchange among local authorities in Britain and Spain regarding policies and instruments for economic and social recovery post-Covid19.
- Corporations, capital and labour in times of COVID-19
Dr Tobias Franz (SOAS)
- How to build a new society after the Covid-19 crisis (webinar)
Ha-Joon Chang, University of Cambridge
- Public-Private Partnerships: A Relational Approach
Dr Alberto Asquer
- The World Bank: An unlikely climate leader?
Dr Harald Heubaum (SOAS)
- Global Media in times of Crisis
Dr Dina Matar (SOAS), Dr Dounia Mahlouly (SOAS)
- Ethical finance: is it actually required to be ethical?
Dr Richard Alexander
- On the Way to Post-Pandemic Economic and Financial Recovery
Dr Alberto Asquer and Sébastien Cochard
In this webinar, CeFiMS Director Dr Alberto Asquer interviews Sébastien Cochard, Senior Advisor to the EU Parliament and G20 Presidencies, on prospects and issues on post-pandemic economic and financial recovery.