Week beginning Monday 29 March 2021
- Online Year 12 & 13 History Masterclass
Dr Mattin Biglari
- Why Climate Transition Risks are Macro-critical: The IMF and Enabling a Green Recovery
Sara Jane Ahmed (V20), Niranjali Amerasinghe (ActionAid USA), Irene Monasterolo (Vienna University of Economics and Business), Sargon Nissan (Recourse), Maju Varghese (Center for Financial Accountability), Johannes Wiegand (IMF)
- BUES Virtual Interview & Information Day - Hong Kong
Ms Maggie Dziem, International Recruitment Manager for East Asia
Find out more about SOAS University of London, including programmes, fees, scholarships and much more.
- Obscene and Sacred Dimensions of Medieval Persian Poetry: Sa'di's Literary Pornography as "Counter-Text" to Mystical Lyric
Domenico Ingenito (UCLA)
Pornographic depictions of sexual passion abound in the literary tradition of the medieval Persian world. Often revolving around the explicit portrayals of same-sex desire, these texts challenge the expressive boundaries of poetic language in a variety of surprisingly playful, alluring, and occasionally disturbing ways.
- LOOT: Britain and the Benin Bronzes
Barnaby Phillips (Author), Enotie Paul Ogbebor (Visual artist and singer/songwriter)
The story of a powerful West African kingdom & British imperial greed. The dispersal of the Bronzes and today’s debate about their future.