Employee Assistance Programme
From 1st July 2019, our EAP service will be provided by Workplace Options.
Confidential service for work and personal matters
Staff and their family members have access to a free, external, confidential employee wellbeing service. The service offers support information, expert advice and specialist counselling to help you prepare for life’s predictable milestones and cope with its unexpected events. The service also provides access to discounts, and proactive guidance to help you stay healthy and enjoy physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
This might include anything from workplace, financial, legal, health, relationship, family issues or any other life challenges.
24/7 phone and online access
The service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by phone and online:
By phone: 0800 243 458 (From abroad: +44 (0)20 8987 6550 )
SMS (FOR CALL BACK): +44 (0)7909 341229
External, independent advice
The service is provided by Workplace Options who are an external, independent organisation who employ professionally qualified counsellors and specialists, experienced in helping people to deal with all kinds of practical and emotional issues.
Free to use
The programme is paid for by the School as a support service for you as an employee, so that it is free of charge for you to use.
Your family members can use the online service, and also call in to the service for information. Please note that family members can only take part in formal counselling sessions if the issue is directly related to you.
By calling one number, you will have access to a range of support services, including:
- One-off telephone counselling, for any issue from day to day life to bereavement
- Formal telephone counselling (available for employees in response to an assessed need)
- Management consultation line - Manager Assist, specifically for line managers, team leaders and supervisors to discuss challenging issues they may be experiencing
- Telephone support for dispute resolution. This could cover a range of issues from workplace disputes to disputes with landlords or tenants
- Specialist Telephone services: financial information, legal information and debt counselling
- Health and Wellbeing
Online, you will have access to articles, factsheets and information packs about a variety of topics, a summary of the services available to employees, news and monthly themes, and a wealth of wellbeing tools which includes:
- LiveCONNECT: Instant messaging with a specialist
- Savings centre: is an excellent resource that offers a variety of discounts for employees on cinema tickets and with major retailers. When signing up, please ensure that you select UK site from the drop down box, otherwise you will be signing up to the US site
- Local child and elder care locator tools
- Learning Centre: interactive tools to help you build skills
- Pocketsmith: a personal tool to help you quickly and easily manage your finances
- Care Centre: a virtual space for those with caring responsibilities to share information
You can access the EAP service on your smart phone by installing the Workplace Options app iConnectYou on Apple and Android devices.
Monthly online Webinars
These programmes cover a different topic every month throughout the year. Check out the EAP calendar to find the programme that interests you. Fully interactive: you can ask questions and interact with the facilitator. Access webinars live or watch at a later date.
If you have any queries or feedback relating to this service, please contact one of the Employee Relations Consultants listed on the HR Staff page.