Japan Economy Network
The Japan Economy Network (JEN) was established in July 2015 to promote research on the Japanese economy in comparative perspective and facilitate exchange between researchers with an active research interest in the Japanese Economy. The JEN is an informal network open to researchers from academia, think tanks, international organisations, central banks, governments, NGOs and the private sector. JEN is hosted by SOAS, University of London.
For further information on JEN or to become a member please contact Ulrich Volz.
The Fifth Annual Conference of the Japan Economy Network will be held at Columbia University in New York City on 23–24 March 2023. See the call for papers below.
- Fourth Annual Conference of the Japan Economy Network, jointly organised with the Bank of Japan, Bank of Japan, Tokyo, 26-27 August 2019
- Third Annual Conference of the Japan Economy Network, University of Zurich, 4-5 September 2018
- Second Annual Conference of the Japan Economy Network, Tokyo, 14-15 September 2017
- First Annual Conference of the Japan Economy Network, Berlin, 30-31 August 2016
- SOAS Workshop on Economic Stagnation and Deflation: Challenges for Japan in Comparative Perspective, 3-4 July 2015