SOAS University of London


Accessible Accommodation

University Halls of Residence

Disabled students will be given priority for a space in the University Halls and should contact the SOAS Disability Advisors as early as possible on 020 7074 5018 or email to discuss their requirements in confidence and make accommodation requests. The advisors can write in support of your application and help you to arrange visits and liaise with individual hall managers for information on the type of adapted facilities in different halls.

SOAS Accommodation

Dinwiddy House and Paul Robeson House (post-graduate only) both have wheelchair access and specially equipped rooms. These are located 1 mile from the main campus. The fees are £160.22 for 2017/18. Urbanest St Pancras is a recently constructed hall with accessible facilities 1.4 miles from SOAS.

Intercollegiate Halls (University of London)

Intercollegiate Halls are run by the University of London. They provide catered accommodation for both undergraduate and post-graduate students from across the University of London, offering an opportunity to mix with students from other colleges of the University. 

  • College Hall is located 0.3 miles from SOAS. It  has 15 en-suite rooms designed for students with particular access requirements.
  • Connaught Hall is located 0.3 miles from SOAS. There is no wheelchair access, however they have facilities available for the hearing impaired.
  • Garden Halls is located 0.6 miles from SOAS. This newly constructed hall has wheelchair accessible and adapted rooms.
  • International Hall is located 0.3 miles from SOAS. It has six adapted rooms.
  • Lilian Penson Hall is located 2.4 miles from SOAS. This hall has limited wheelchair access but has ground floor single en-suite rooms for wheelchair users.

Private Halls

New private halls are required to ensure that 5% of their rooms are wheelchair accessible. These are usually more expensive than University of London Halls but are built to a high standard and may offer a higher level of comfort.  You will need to contact the halls provider directly to check that they can accommodate your needs.

This list of private halls provides information of private providers in central London. You can also use our interactive student halls map to compare providers and prices. You will need to be signed in to a Google account to access the map.

Private rented accommodation

The University of London Housing Service can advise about the accessibility of houses and flats in their database, as well as properties managed through the Student Homes Scheme. Private landlords are prohibited from giving unjustified less favourable treatment to disabled tenants, eg. landlords must not charge someone with a disability a higher rent than other tenants. They are also subject to a duty to make reasonable adjustment to premises to cater for the needs of disabled persons. If you feel that you have been treated less favourably as a result of your disability, contact the University of London Housing Service for legal advice.

Habinteg are an organisation that provide accessible and supported accommodation across London and nationally. Most properties have a waiting list.