Annex X Doctoral School Management Group
The Doctoral School Management Group is a sub-panel of Research & Enterprise Committee.
The membership of the Doctoral School Management Group will comprise
- Head of Doctoral School
- Associate Directors for Research
- Doctoral School Manager
- Research Skills Trainer/Coordinator (PGRSs)
- Careers Consultant (PhD and ECRs)
- Other Members:
- Student Representative for MPhil/M(A)Res
- Student Representative for PhD
- Doctoral School Coordinator (Secretary)
Terms of Reference
- The Doctoral School Management Group will have the following terms of reference:
- To lead the management of the School’s Postgraduate Research Students:
- Develop processes and policies relating to postgraduate research students and research training, including the research training element of M(A)Res degrees;
- Operate as a forum to inform the School’s Research Strategy;
- To represent SOAS in relation to the ESRC-funded Bloomsbury Doctoral Training Centre for the Social Sciences;
- To support the management, processes and reporting to the AHRC (including consortia networks);
- To represent the School in relation to research student issues between the Bloomsbury Colleges;
- Review and oversee the postgraduate scholarships management and policy;
- To advise on the management of the SOAS Doctoral School Hub building at 53 Gordon Square, and other PGRS facilities;
- To receive Doctoral School finance reports.
The Group will meet monthly in term time, with additional meetings if business so dictates at the beginning of the academic year.