Annex III Equality & Diversity Committee
Equality & Diversity Committee is a sub-committee of Academic Board. It is required to report to Academic Board on a termly basis and to Board of Trustees on a regular basis. It also has a responsibility to liaise with other committees and to keep them informed as necessary.
The membership of Equality & Diversity Committee will comprise
- An academic member of Executive Board nominated by Executive Board
- Ex-officio Members:
- Director of Human Resources
- Diversity & Inclusion Manager
- Student Disability Advisor
- Other Members:
- 1 lay member appointed by the Board of Trustees
- 1 Head of Department nominated by the Director
- 3 members of Academic Board selected by the membership
- 2 full members of the Students' Union appointed by the Students' Union Executive Committee
- 2 members nominated by the Trade Unions recognised by the School (one each from
- UCU/Unison), with a named substitute entitled to attend in a member's absence
The Registrar will nominate a Secretary. The Committee will normally hold three ordinary meetings per annum. A maximum of 3 named Students' Union Officers will be in attendance at meetings.
Terms of Reference
The Equality & Diversity Committee will have the following terms of reference
- To consider strategic planning and policy development matters relating to equality and diversity, and to make recommendations to Academic Board and other committees as appropriate;
- To monitor the delivery of aspects of approved School strategy relating to equality and diversity, and to ensure that any additional monitoring required to enable the School to meet its legal obligations is carried out in a suitable and timely fashion.