VIII Resources & Planning Committee
Resources & Planning Committee reports to the Board of Trustees.
The membership of the Resources & Planning Committee will comprise
- Honorary Treasurer
- Ex-officio Members:
- Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees
- Registrar & Secretary (COO)
- Other Members:
- 2 lay members of the Board of Trustees
- 1 member of the Board of Trustees from Academic Board
- 2 members of Academic Board, one of whom should be a Head of Department
- 1 Students' Union Co-President nominated by the Students' Union Executive Committee
- In Attendance
- The Deputy COO (Resources & Planning) will be in attendance. The Heads of Department will attend as required.
The Registrar will nominate a Secretary.
The Committee will normally hold three ordinary meetings per annum.
Delegation of Financial Authority
The Committee will agree from time to time provisions for the delegation of financial authority to the Chair, School Officers and other budget holders.
Terms of Reference
Resources & Planning Committee will have the following terms of reference:
- On behalf of the Board of Trustees to monitor the finances and use of resources of the School and its departments and centres and in particular:
- To recommend the annual operating, capital and cash flow budgets;
- To approve expenditure proposals within the Committee's delegated authority;
- To examine capital expenditure proposals within the Committee's delegated authority;
- To recommend financial forecasts;
- To approve the key performance indicators for use of resources and finances against;
- To review the performance against the key performance indicators approved by the Board;
- To approve financial regulations.
- To review and approve the Annual Report of the Honorary Treasurer, for recommendation to the Board of Trustees;
- To provide assurance to Audit Committee on the finances in the Financial Statements for recommendations to the Board of Trustees;
- To approve banking arrangements;
- To approve investment arrangements;
- To take emergency action on behalf of the Board of Trustees on any matter referred to it by the Chair or Vice-Chair of the Board of Trustees;
- To ensure that Academic Board is informed about the financial affairs of the School;
- To review and recommend any financial reports to the sector regulators which require Board approval;
- In carrying out these responsibilities the Committee may at its discretion co-opt additional members and shall progress any recommendations of the Board of Trustees as appropriate.