Annex IV Student Experience & Engagement Committee
Student Experience & Engagement Committee is a sub-committee of Academic Board. It is required to report to Academic Board on a regular basis. It also has a responsibility to liaise with Resources & Planning Committee and other committees and to keep them informed as necessary.
The membership of the Student Experience & Engagement Committee will comprise
- Associate Director (Learning Environment and Student Outcomes)
- Ex-officio Members:
- Associate Director (Student Welfare)
- Deputy COO Student and Academic Experience
- Director of Estates & Facilities
- Director of Library Services
- Students' Union General Manager
- Other Members:
- 1 academic representative from each Department nominated by that Department
- 1 member of IFCELS, nominated by IFCELS
- 1 member of the Languages Centre, nominated by the Languages Centre
- 2 members of professional services/support staff nominated by the Registrar & Secretary (COO)
- 3 full members of the Students' Union nominated by the Students' Union Executive Committee, one undergraduate student, one taught postgraduate taught student, and one research student
The Registrar & Secretary (COO) will nominate a Secretary (usually a member of the QA team). The Committee will normally hold three ordinary meetings per annum.
Terms of Reference
Student Experience & Engagement Committee will have the following terms of reference.
- To consider strategic planning and policy development matters relating to student welfare, the learning environment and the student experience as a whole, and to make recommendations to Academic Board and other committees as appropriate;
- To consider strategy and policy in relation to the extra-curricular experience of students; their welfare and other non-academic outcomes, and make recommendations to Academic Board and other committees as appropriate;
- To monitor and make recommendations in relation to the effective representation of students in the School’s deliberative structures, and opportunities for all students to participate and be represented;
- To identify and disseminate examples of good practice in student engagement, and to advise Teaching, Learning & Student Outcomes Committee on the enhancement of student engagement in activity related to learning, teaching and quality assurance;
- To monitor and consider, in general terms, issues arising from students grievance and disciplinary matters which are of concern to the student experience overall.