Christopher Davis Award
The Christopher Davis Award is an award in support of 4th-year anthropology and sociology PhD candidates who are close to submitting their thesis.
- Applicants may be of any nationality and in need of the bursary to fund completion of their thesis.
- The award is for full-time PhD students who will submit the thesis by the end of the current academic year. It is expected that the student who gets awarded this bursary will be enrolled on Extension of Writing up (continuation) status during the academic year in which they apply. Students on Extension of Writing-up status are required to submit the thesis for examination within a maximum of three terms or within the student's prescribed SOAS deadline (whichever is sooner).
Scholarship Application Procedure
- The application form is distributed to current PhD students via the departmental MPhil/PhD student mailing list.
- Complete scholarship applications must be received no later than 5 pm (UK time) on 30 November.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Candidates are assessed based on a combination of financial need and academic merit.
- Selection is made by a Selection Panel consisting of three academic members.
Notification of Results
- Successful candidates will be notified by mid-December.
- If you have not heard from us by mid-December, you should assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Note: Award amount and number of scholarships varies; for more information, please contact the Director of Doctoral Studies.