Virtual Open Day: Postgraduate Diploma in Asian Art
THIS EVENT IS ARCHIVED
Date: 29 July 2021Time: 3:00 PM
Finishes: 29 July 2021Time: 4:00 PM
Venue: Virtual Event
Type of Event: Open Day
The SOAS Postgraduate Diploma in Asian Art is a unique academic programme centred on object-based learning, formally associated with the British Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum.
Our six, full-time modules cover the arts of India, China, Japan & Korea, Southeast Asia, and the arts of the Buddhist and Islamic worlds.
• Object-based learning combined with a rigorous academic training.
• Exceptional access to the collections and curatorial expertise of the British Museum and Victoria & Albert Museum.
• A postgraduate qualification accredited by SOAS University of London.
• Lectures from a wide range of leading scholars, curators, and art market professionals.
• A proven pathway to exciting careers in the museum world, the art market, and academia.
For more information about our course, please view our prospectus at this link.
We are thrilled to be offering two scholarships for this upcoming academic year:
The Heather Elgood Scholarship - This scholarship covers full tuition fees for the Postgraduate Diploma in Asian Art and an allowance to cover living costs during term time.
The Denise Acford Access Scholarship - This part-fee scholarship covers half the tuition fees for three modules (the full Postgraduate Diploma) to be taken consecutively in the 2021/22 academic year.
The deadline for scholarship applications is Friday 6th August.
We will be holding a Virtual Open Day next Thursday 22nd July at 12pm via Zoom, where you can hear more about the course, these scholarships and ask any questions you might have. To register to join us please click here.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact us with any questions on AsianArt@soas.ac.uk.